Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pictures in Stone

People have been seeing pictures in stone since time immemorial, I'm sure.
Some have clearer pictures than others, but all tell their own story. You can see hints of that story in the blends and swirls of color or texture in many of the rocks you examine.
This one really caught my fancy - it's a lovely piece of Eagle Eye Agate, the newest Earth medallion listed in my Etsy shop. The variations of white and earth tones paint a winter landscape with a lone traveler making his way into the whirling snow. At least that's what I see - you may see something totally different.
Here are a couple more from past pendants: do you see the dragon's head in the tiger eye below?
The Crazy Lace Agate to the right is a straight-up volcano from some enchanted land in great turmoil!
I have more, but I think you get the idea...
Of all the great artists, Mother Nature is my favorite!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Amazing!!
I live in The Netherlands...but if I lived in the USA I would ask you: 'Will you please teach me the artwork of leather crafting;-)

My compliments for your work!

Kindly regards
Izabel

The Netherlands

Art of Spirit LeatherWorks said...

What a lovely thing to say! Thank you!