Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Little Bragging, a Little Contest



Most of us have eaten in cleverly decorated chain restaurants at one time or another. If you're like me, you may have given a bit of thought as to where those decorations came from. If pressed to come up with an answer, I might have guessed that there was some sort of background-type business that supplied interesting decor based on themed requests, and i would have been a bit right... what I would not have guessed (but now know) is that those decor-supplying marketing firms often get those items from people just like me!
Awhile back I was approached by a representative of Public Imagery, a marketing firm that is redesigning interior decor for several locations of The Longhorn Steakhouse. Without going into any of the details of our negotiations, let me cut to the chase and type a sentence I would have never thought I'd be typing:
My deer hide pouches are now to be shadow-boxed and featured in a number of Longhorn Steakhouse locations across the country. The one pictured here is in Round Rock, TX. (This tickles me on a personal level, as I have family there).
From what I've been told, they also are or will be in some (but not all) of their restaurants in Texas, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Georgia, to name a few.
So here's the contest part of this post: The first person to send me a picture of one of my pouches in its shadowbox in a restaurant will win one of the pouches! (sorry - since I've already posted it, The Round Rock location is disqualified from this contest) This is a large fringed pouch, made of soft sumptuous tobacco-colored leather with dark brown stitching and round-braid strap.
All you need to do is post a comment here telling me you have the picture and where the Steakhouse is located. I will provide you my email address so you can send me the picture. Then, upon verification of the photo and location, I'll send you your very own "Longhorn" pouch. Again, Round Rock, TX is NOT a qualifying location.
The winner must allow me to post their photo on a blog update. This contest is limited to one winner, based on the first verified photo. All decisions of a winner will be made by me and are final. Let's have fun with this, folks - based on the number of pouches I've supplied thus far, there are a dozen opportunities for success out there with more to come soon!
And, though I probably don't need to say it, I have pouches available for purchase in my Etsy shop, linked to the left... this size pouch is not currently listed, but I'll be glad to fill any custom requests - just contact me for more info. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anita Lee said...

I LOVE Longhorn Steakhouse!! sadly, I'm in Oklahoma City. I hope they, too, will add your beautiful pouches!
Anita Lee
Bethany, OK

Art of Spirit LeatherWorks said...

Thank you! What a nice thing to say! And I haven't been told of all the locations, so make sure you check the next time you go to your local Longhorn Steakhouse - you never know ;-)