Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bold Beauty

I've been working on a new batch of Earth Medallions for a couple of weeks now.
It's a large batch, so it will take another week or so to bring them all to conclusion. It's a lengthy process, with lots of small steps to pass through before the thrill of cutting the window in the leather setting and revealing the beauty of the stone within. For me, it's a bit like Christmas morning every time!
This is a particularly bold batch thus far, with lots of strong colors and patterns. I'll post a few here - clicking on the pictures will take you to their listings in my Etsy shop, where you can see more pictures of each and find detailed descriptions.

Dalmatian Jasper; distinctively spotted and ultra-earthy. This handsome rock is said to be an ancient stone of kings and shaman.

Lizard Stone Jasper; I've set several pieces of this unique green and brown stone from the American southwest and I've loved them all.

Tiger Eye
; a favorite gemstone worldwide, looks very much like a cat's eye in this sweet little round pendant. It even winks with the shifting light!

These and many more can be viewed in detail in my Etsy shop, linked at the top of the left sidebar.

1 comment:

Wireworks said...

This is a very nice blog... I can see that you put a lot of heart on your posts, that's why I'm sure I'd visit here more often. Anyway, if you have time, you can visit my blog as well, Abstract Art Painting / Buy Abstract Art. See yah!