Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Best-Selling Wristband Design

This flowing vine of flowers is now officially my most popular tooled design ever. Considering that I've been tooling leather for two thirds of my life, that's a significant statement.
Since I introduced it on Etsy as a wristband design just six months ago I have sold hundreds of them.
With some pride I emphasize that each one is tooled individually; though the design is consistent, each band has its own distinct flow of vine, its own unique arrangement of flower and leaf.
My daughter says I must have hit upon some zeitgeist in the current fashion sense; I prefer to think of it as having a classic appeal. (Chuckling at myself there)
Brown was the original coloring, followed quickly by a black version and then with color.
Now, of course, the question arises of how long I will continue this design. The merchant in me says keep tooling it as long as it sells; the artist in me wants to set a limit to keep them special.
Leaning toward the artistic concerns, I am tentatively planning on limiting production of this design to one year, which would be the beginning of March.

Until then they will be available in my Etsy shop or by order at my website. Both are linked at the top of the left sidebar.

5 comments:

Mia Rosina said...

They are gorgeous designs! No wonder they do so well. :) xoxo, MR

aosLeather said...

Thank You! :-D

LeatherWork-Time said...

I recognize the pattern ... I thought it was impressive when I say them on the site.

aosLeather said...

Thanks!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

I have this wristband in brown, and it is currently my favorite and most-worn piece of jewelry. Classic, beautiful, well-made, and goes with everything-- it's the perfect meeting of my feminine side and my tough side.

I had some compliments on it from my blog and added a link to your Etsy shop, so I hope that helped!