Monday, July 27, 2009

Lake Michigan

I spent a beautiful evening on the Leelanau Peninsula shore of Lake Michigan.
The sky was colored like abalone shell and alive with fast-moving clouds and showers, the surf was pounding.
Almost as big as the State of West Virginia, this inland sea is the only one of the five Great Lakes located entirely within the US borders.
North and South Manitou Islands to the left as I look westward, North Fox dotting the horizon on the right. Further away than the eye can see is Wisconsin.
This is the location my daughter and her fiance have chosen for their upcoming wedding; we were there taking measurements and pictures, then walking the beach and doing some rock-hounding. We even found a few small Petoskey Stones!
Here are a few of my favorites from among the dozens of pictures I took.




















2 comments:

Cher of StuStuStudio said...

2 separate weddings of 2 family members were married on those shores. Fantastic!! It's a great start, best wishes!

aosLeather said...

Thank you! I think it's terribly romantic!