Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Making Wristbands

I've been having fun the last few days making wristbands.
Don't get me wrong -- I love making my Earth Medallions and deer hide bags, but carving leather was my first love and remains the part of my craft I enjoy the most. Starting with blank leather and transforming it into a thing of enduring beauty and uniqueness brings me a deep sense of satisfaction. Wristbands are fun because they're small enough to allow me to carve several different designs in the same day.

No sense in laying out the entire process in this post -- that was covered back when I started this blog in February. But here are three of my current batch in various stages from start to finish!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

twondering if you stock band of brothers or band on the run?

aosLeather said...

i do not understand your question as it relates to wristbands?

leather furniture said...

these wristbands look really cool.

aosLeather said...

Thank you!