Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Across the Mighty Mac

I love travelling north in Michigan. So much forest and water, so many hills... always a pretty journey. Crossing the Mackinaw Bridge into the Upper Peninsula feels like a homecoming of sorts -- it's my favorite part of the State!

Several hours of driving over more hills and through more forest brought me to Marquette and the Powwow. The drums and the dance never get old! Lots of folks from the UP, Wisconsin and Canada made the journey as well.






I should have used the "sport" setting on my camera... those dancers really move!








A friend of mine kept me company for the weekend and we sure did have fun! She's a hoot, and even her broken ankle didn't keep her from dancing in the Veteran's Honor Dances.



I have a special love of the small dancers -- check out this little guy in his too-cool blue flame regalia! Yup, I had fun!

No comments: